I was tagged by uber-fast runner Leah @ Chasing Atalanta for The Versatile Blogger Award. The mission: Seven unique things about me. Here's best I can do.
1. I brush my teeth in the shower. (Works Great, You should try it.)
2. It’s no secret that I have two novels available on Amazon, but what is perhaps unique is that both the settings of STRAY and The Jade Rabbit are 100% true places. I worked in a substance abuse treatment center that shared a parking lot with an animal shelter, and I worked at a runaway shelter that used to be a nunnery. And yes, do expect post-humous tours of these places as well as "M.Matthews Slept Here" somewhere on the worksites.
3. I have seen about 12 Grateful Dead shows and probably twice as many offshoot bands, Ratdog, The Other Ones, etc… I was five feet from Bob when he forgot the words to ‘St. Stephen’, and I swear he read my lips in order to go on with the song. (probably not true, but a harmless delusion for me to hold onto.)
4. I can burb the alphabet. Well, I used to be able to when I was younger, but now I can only make it just past the “LMNOP” section. I still figure I can win some age group awards in that category.
6. I ran the 2010 Boston Marathon, and it only took me ten tries and just as many years to finally qualify. The unique part is that I ran the event with a Diamond Anniversary ring in my pocket, and presented it to my wife near the finish line to celebrate our tenth anniversary. I had big plans to give it to her right on the Blue and Gold finish line stripe at the finish, but instead it was within ear and nose-shot of the finish line Port-A-Potties. Still pretty sweet.